|Hemingway - Pfeiffer Museum|
and Educational Center
1999 and 2015
|In 1927, the author Ernest Hemingway married his second wife, Pauline Pfeiffer. The couple often stayed at her parents' house in Piggott, Arkansas.
The old Pfeiffer house was renovated into a museum in 1999, and an Educational Center has been placed on the site.
The house is open to the public for tours on the hour at 9 a.m. through 3 p.m., Mondays through Fridays; and tours on the hour from 1 to 3 p.m., Saturdays. For more details, visit the Hemingway - Pfeiffer Home Page or the State of Arkansas Attractions Web Site.
|One of the renovated "flash copper" door knobs.|
|The rear of the Pfeiffer house.|
|A barn on the property was converted into a studio for Ernest. There, Hemingway wrote portions of his novel "A Farewell to Arms." The extensively renovated studio is now open to the public.|
|The old pump house has been converted into an accessible restroom.|
|Return to First Page|
Photos © 1999 and 2015 by Hal Miller